194.1 Identification Cards
|Created by: Stephanie Ferguson on 5/16/2007|
|Category: 1 - Academic Affairs; 90 - Miscellaneous|
|Originator: Acad. Adm. & Faculty Status Committee|
|Current File: 194.1|
|Adoption Date: 2/24/2005|
|Reviewed for Currency: 5/14/2007|
|Replaces File: 194.1|
|Date of Origin: 7/2/1974|
|In Archive? No|
194.1 Identification Cards
An identification card is available for faculty and staff members so that they may be easily recognized and have access to the facilities and events on campus. The I.D. card is also an access card and may be needed to gain access to specific facilities after normal operating hours.
Each faculty and staff member will have an I.D. card for identification and to allow access to campus events and facilities. Faculty and staff retirees may retain their I.D. cards for use on campus. Dependents of certain faculty and staff may also qualify for I.D. cards to use in the Lay Physical Activities Center (PAC).
1. New faculty and staff members should obtain their picture I.D. cards during their orientation process.
2. There is no charge for the first picture or card. If a replacement card is requested, the faculty or staff member will pay a replacement charge.
3. Faculty and staff members who should obtain I.D. cards include those who are in the following categories:
- Full-time faculty and staff
- Part-time faculty and staff
- Retired full-time faculty and staff
- Faculty and staff with one-year appointments
- Temporary staff who work for at least two months continuously
- Furman ministers
- ARAMARK full-time and part-time employees
- Adjunct Continuing Education (CE) faculty who are teaching credit courses, for the contracted semester. NOTE: If the adjunct or CE faculty member teaches more than one semester in an academic year, the termination date may be set to be the end of the academic year upon approval of the Dean of the Faculty.
4. Dependents, who are 13 years of age or older, of full-time and part-time faculty and staff, retirees, and ARAMARK employees may obtain a dependent I.D. card. IRS regulations regarding the dependent's income, support, relationship and custody status will be used to determine the eligibility of dependent children. An eligible dependent child meets the following requirements:
- the dependent is a member of the employee’s household for the year, and
- the dependent receives over half of his/her financial support for the year from the employee household, and
- the dependent is under age 19 or a full-time student (at least five months in the year) through December of the year the dependent turns 24 years old. The I.D. card will be set to expire on the dependent's nineteenth birthday. However, the I.D. card may be extended until December 31 after the dependent's twenty-fourth birthday, contingent on proof of the dependent's full-time student status. To obtain a dependent I.D. card, the dependent must complete the required forms (health form and waiver) and have a photo taken in the PAC Fitness Center. Dependents under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to sign the waiver. The next business day, the faculty or staff member shows his or her I.D. card in the Student Business Center, confirms that the dependent is a legal dependent and picks up the dependent’s I.D. card.
5. Faculty and staff members (other than retirees) are required to return their I.D. cards (and any dependent cards) when they end their employment with the university. I.D. cards must be returned to the appropriate office as follows:
• Staff other than ARAMARK staff: Human Resources Office
• Faculty: Office of the Dean of the Faculty
• UES faculty: Office of Continuing Education• Graduate faculty: Graduate Studies Office
• ARAMARK staff: ARAMARK OfficeCards are to be returned by the last day of employment.